Tuesday, January 22, 2008

from Carl...

Carl said...
Yes yes YES!

I've been reading overheardnyc for years:
http://syndicated.livejournal.com/overheardnyc/3210078.html

...but that's New York. Screw New York. I want eavesdroppings from where I live, from the people who surround me! I have no doubt that you'll treat us to some true gems. You already have.

Mind if readers submit contributions now and then?

C.L.

Heck yeah, I think everyone should do it, if folks know just how "On the record" they are, maybe they wouldn't be so stupid in public.
At first I was annoyed, people don't realize they are broadcasting to the whole bus,too self obsessed or maybe just spoiled, it used to make me ill and angry.
It's also a state of affairs going down on one of the best public transit systems in the country, the things that we talk about with friends and strangers while on the bus are also wonderful, who hasn't gone passed thier stop because of a conversation?
The people of Portland are fun and whimsical ours is a great city (Don't come here!).
Now my ride is so much more fun, I can't find a trip on Trimet thats too long, it used to be the worst part of my day.
Nothing is created in a vacume, I know someone must have been doing this already, hope I can advance the state of the art, I'll look at that web site from N.Y.C.
send that stuff in!

No comments:

people tusslin in the FoPo.

 Walking by some folks arguing near where the Foster Carts used to be. It was heated.  Cops showed up to investigate.  As I passed the cop w...